Originally this site (simply called: Mike's Hot Rod Pic of the Week!) contained on page with a new hot rod pic every week and no archive. This started in mid-January 1996 and was originally hosted on a server at Walla Walla University (formerly Walla Walla College) where I was a student at the time. Then due to the re-structuring of the school's web server and network I moved the site to GeoCities (which has since merged with Yahoo!). However due to changes because of the merger and my lack of satisfaction, I again moved the site to TerraShare, which unfortunately went down (but appears to now be operating again). This forced me to move my site yet again, this time to Hotrodder.com. Finally, in February 2003 I registered my own domain name and am currently being hosted by Lunarpages. Of course through out all the moves my site kept growing from the single page it was to the extensive site it is now. Along the way I coined the phrase “Hot Rods to Go!” (around late '97 or early '98), but as I waited too long to register the domain name someone else took it. At this point I've taken to calling my site “Streetrods to Go!”, however the entry page still bears the original “Mike's Hot Rod Pic of the Week!”.
Maintained by 47ford using NotePad+, and Allaire HomeSite 5.0 (Homesite is text based editor).Written for use with a current browsers that supports HTML 5, CSS 3, and .png's such as
Basic statistics for the main page of the site cam be accessed by clicking on the graph icon and/or the numerical counter on the main page. Site wide statistics are also available here.
Photographic equipment and imaging software used.Cameras:
- Minolta SRT102
- Nikon N6006
- Nikon N70
- Nikon N6006
- Nikon N90
- Nikon D80
- Nikon D800
Flash: Film used (back in the day):Computer Imaging:
- Minolta 35mm f2.8
- Minolta 70-210mm f3.5
- Tamron AF Aspherical LD 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 [IF]
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 20mm f2.8
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
Photographer: Unless otherwise noted - Mike Michaelson (MM)
- Gif Construction Set for animated GIFs
- Pictures on Disk (SFW -includes Photoworks software)
- various flatbed color scanners
- PaintShop Pro 4.12, 7.02, X2, and X6
- PNG/MNG Construction Set (from Alchemy Mindworks)
- Annual ColoRODans Mall Show (2001) - Twin Peaks Mall; Longmont, CO.
- 30th Annual ColoRODans Rod Festival (2000) - Longmont Business Center; Longmont, CO.
- 2nd Annual GoodGuys Colorado Classic (1999) - Pikes Peak International Raceway; Colorado Springs, CO.
- 29th Annual ColoRODans Rod Festival (1999) - Longmont Business Center; Longmont, CO.
- Annual ColoRODans Mall Show (1999) - Twin Peaks Mall; Longmont, CO.
- 2nd Annual ARC Leavenworth Weekend Getaway (1998) - Leavenworth, WA.
- 1st Annual College Place Fun Days (1998) - College Place, WA.
- 1st Annual ARC UCA Cruise-In (1998) - Upper Columbia Academy, Spangle, WA.
- Wheelin' Walla Walla Weekend (1997) - Walla Walla, WA.
- 41st Annual Portland Roddster Show (1997) - Portland, OR.
- 12th Annual Cruisin' Classics Rod and Custom Show (1996) - Caldwell, ID
- Graffiti Night (1993)- Roseburg, OR.
Computers:Current: 2010 13" MacBookPro
My Windows/Gaming box:
- may need to update this or dump it. (Was the specs for my old college computer which no longer exists)
My Linux box:
- may need to update this or dump it. (Was the specs for my even older college computer which no longer exists)